The Head of Compensation will develop the company’s compensation strategy and design and deliver compensation programs. The successful candidate will manage business initiatives associated with total company-wide rewards programs including the design and development of cash compensation and equity programs that ensure competitive compensation and attract and retain talent while maintaining cost effectiveness and “best practices”.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs and develop compensation programs that meet those needs.
- Experience having built and implemented infrastructures associated with compensation management and budget management including salary structures, merit budgets, equity budgets, etc.
- Demonstrated background in developing and managing executive compensation and equity programs.
- Knowledge of bonus plan designs, sales compensation plans and other competitive practices.
- The ability to assess needs, set priorities and manage projects – demonstrating extraordinary project management skills.
- The ability to identify cost impacts through various financial methodologies for all compensation, reward and recognition programs.
- A high degree of flexibility and creativity, extremely organized and detail oriented, and have excellent interface and communication skills.
- 10 plus years of progressive compensation experience, including base salary, incentive plan design, executive and sales compensation plan design, and equity plan design.
- BA in Business, Human Resources, Finance or equivalent; MBA/CCP preferred.
- The ability to work with and influence senior leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present data and recommendations in an organized and logical manner to all levels of an organization.
- Extensive business acumen and a solid understanding of competitive compensation practices.
- The ability to manage and develop a strong team; coach, counsel, and mentor managers and staff.
- Solid working knowledge of a variety of systems and applications, including MS Excel, HRIS experience preferred.