The HR Director (HRD) is a key member of the senior HR leadership team and will play an active role in the formulation of HR strategies, policies and processes. As a strategic business partner, the HRD will also be a key member of the management team advising them on HR issues relevant to their organizational objectives and working with them to implement HR programs. This role requires a unique blend of strategic leadership and hands-on implementation. The successful candidate will work with the leadership team to understand business strategies, diagnose current organization performance, and develop/implement plans to build needed organization capabilities and support growth. The HRD will serve as a day-to-day advisor and coach to managers and employees in all human resource areas.
- Develops initiatives that reinforce a distinctive one company core culture and competitive workforce.
- Collaborates with human resources functions to deliver high quality human resources services to the organization.
- Consults with leadership team on group dynamics and team effectiveness issues and solutions.
- Coaches employees and managers; facilitates the resolution of interpersonal and communications issues.
- Partners with management to identify high potential employees and to create employee development programs.
- Works with managers to handle employee relations issues and conducts internal investigations when needed.
- Develops, revises and implements human resources policies and procedures and supports business groups in achieving compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with developing, coordinating and recommending changes for the improvement of workflow in business groups.
- 10 plus years of progressive experience as an HR Generalist with strengths in employee development, training, rewards and recognition, organizational effectiveness, change management, leadership development, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning and employee communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline.
- The ability to think strategically and implement effectively.
- Demonstrated success as an HR Business Partner and 1-2 years of HR Management experience, preferred.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated creativity and vision to play a major role in developing a world-class HR function.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and influence at all levels and pro-active in achieving the goals of the business by sharing ideas and process improvements.
- Proven ability to build credible relationships at all levels of the organization.