The HR Consultant based out of our Los Gatos office, services our clients in the small to mid-sized business category by identifying needs and providing solutions. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their work, possess strong HR generalist experience, great interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, consulting environment.
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Partners closely with our clients to coach and advise on employee issues, including but not limited to performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, internal transfers/promotions and organizational changes.
- Coaches mid-level to senior client managers through employee related issues as well as processes and procedures
- Develops and maintains documentation to include preparing and review employee handbooks, job descriptions, LOA letters, new hire and termination letters, benefits information etc.
- Administers HR policies and practices as applicable to assigned HR client groups.
- Recommends and implements revisions to policies, programs and practices as needed. Ensures compliance with all state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Manages and participates in projects such as compensation analysis, performance management, HR needs assessments, HR compliance assessments, recruitments, etc. as needed.
- Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects
- Helps to identify areas for training and development as well as additional sales opportunities within client base
- Strong customer service skills coupled with exceptional written and verbal skills required
- Requires understanding federal and state HR related regulations and compliance procedures
- Must be approachable and effective with the ability to influence change across all levels of organizations in an effective manner Ability to learn quickly and understand the people aspects of business strategy and objectives
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of pervious experience as an HR generalist/consultant at the exempt level
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of all facets of human resources, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, regulatory compliance, benefits and recruiting
- Minimal travel within the Bay Area