We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their work, possess strong Compensation experience, great interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, consulting environment.
The successful candidate will manage business initiatives associated with total company-wide rewards programs including the design and development of cash compensation and equity programs that ensure competitive compensation and attract and retain talent while maintaining cost effectiveness and “best practices”.
- Highly analytical with an ability to understand, research and analyze best practices and market trends, including using survey data and third-party consultants, to design and manage effective, simple programs.
- Analyze total compensation programs and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Ensure effective compensation programs and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Ensure effective implementation of all programs and makes recommendations for changes to administration practice, as necessary.
- Provide consultative guidance and interpretation to managers, supervisors, and team members related to all compensation programs.
- Conduct detailed compensation research and analysis studies as required.
- Provide necessary training to managers and team members.
- Develop job descriptions that reflect appropriate title, essential functions, qualifications, and physical and environmental requirements.
- Evaluate all new jobs/reclassifications, or reorganizations to determine appropriate salary, grade and title.
- Consult with managers and HR Business Partners on market data, make recommendations for change and implement process.
- Coordinate, administer and monitor base pay and incentive compensation programs for internal clients.
- Perform regular audits of the data to ensure changes are within guidelines and have all necessary approvals.
- Develop communications announcing compensation programs, timelines, and changes.
- Analyze results of salary surveys for client’s benchmark and non-benchmark jobs.
- Provide data on market changes for salary planning.
- Recommend the addition of new surveys and discontinuation of less useful surveys, as budget allows.
- Perform adhoc surveys through contacts at other companies and design or participates in the design of formal salary surveys.
- Create /update training materials, conduct end-user training sessions and is the primary point of contact for user questions/issues related to compensation system navigation and compensation pay practices.
- Assist in modeling and calculating the impact of salary increase projections and merit increase matrices.
- Provide support to all areas of Compensation (incentive, executive, systems )to enforce initiatives and educate client groups.
- Participate in salary surveys by determining appropriate job matches and furnishing requested information.
- 10 plus years of progressive compensation experience, including base salary, incentive plan design, executive and sales compensation plan design, and equity plan design.
- BA in Business, Human Resources, Finance or equivalent; MBA/CCP preferred.
- The ability to work with and influence senior leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to present data and recommendations in an organized and logical manner to all levels of an organization.
- Extensive business acumen and a solid understanding of competitive compensation practices.
- The ability to manage and develop a strong team; coach, counsel, and mentor managers and staff.
- Solid working knowledge of a variety of systems and applications, including MS Excel.
- HRIS experience preferred.